B 001 120x60

the final minutes, with the teams alternat

#1 von lw789 , 03.02.2017 07:19

WINNIPEG -- They put points on the board, now the Winnipeg Blue Bombers have to put fans back in the seats as they opened the CFL season with a convincing 45-21 win over the Toronto Argonauts Thursday night. It was a welcome change from the past couple of seasons as they dominated the Argos on both sides of the ball, although coach Mike OShea said they made enough mistakes to show more work needs to be done. Drew Willys debut as Winnipegs starting quarterback was nothing short of stunning for fans who have known little but disappointment the last two seasons. He threw four touchdown passes. "He just ran a good game. The No. 1 thing quarterbacks have to do, what theyre in charge of, is winning," said OShea. "He went out there and he helped win the game for us." OShea said it probably surprised some people. Willy had started only four games and won just one as a backup in Saskatchewan for the last two seasons. But the players, including Willy, said they werent surprised. The team has changed a lot from the one that went 3-15 last season. "I kind of thought I could do it but Im a confident guy," said Willy. "I knew if I went through my reads and did everything possible things would go right . . . We got off to a good start. It was nice on the first drive to score." Even Argos head coach Scott Milanovich praised Willys efforts on the field. "They protected the passer well and Drew made the throws that were there," Milanovich said. "Give him a lot of credit, that was an excellent first start for him." Aaron Kelly at wide receiver caught two of those touchdown passes as he opened his first full season with the Bombers with a 100-yard game. "Im going to change his name, Big Play Kelly," said OShea, who saw in a game what Kelly showed in camp. He joined the Bombers midway through last season. "I feel Ive got a good opportunity here," said Kelly, who entered his fourth season in the CFL and won an opener for the first time. He spent 2011 and 2012 with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. "I worked hard to win the starting spot here and just wanted to come out and start fast and help the team win." Penalties crippled the Argos, who had 22 to just seven for the Bombers, and 16 in the first half alone. OShea said they were a huge part of the game and noted one of Winnipegs, for too many men, led to one of Torontos touchdowns. Milanovich said his team needs to learn from the mistakes it made on the field Thursday. "Theres three things we point to that win or lose football games: protecting the football, penalties, and protecting the quarterback, and we lost every phase of that ..." Milanovich said. "We simply cant win with that many penalty flags." After a couple of poor seasons, Winnipeg has some work to do to bring back the crowds at Investors Group Field. There were almost 9,000 empty seats Thursday night and at 24,872, only barely beat the 24,000 who attended the Bombers pre-season tilt against the Argos three weeks ago. Bombers president Wade Miller could be seen walking through the stands personally greeting fans Thursday night. "As much as the players that have been here the last few years need this win, so did the fans and our players appreciate that," said OShea. "This community needs this. The players needs to understand that its bigger than them too." Cory Watson caught another touchdown pass, backup quarterback Robert Marve ran for a fourth, and defensive back Demond Washington carried a fumble in for a fifth. Canadian receiver Julian Feoli-Gudino, a former Argo, made it six with a seven-yard catch in the fourth quarter. CFL rookie running back Nic Grigsby ran for 122 yards on 21 carries for the Bombers. A 77-yard return by Brendan Smith set up Torontos only touchdown in the first half when Ricky Ray hit Jason Barnes for nine yards. They got another on a five-yard pass to Jeremiah Johnson in the second and picked up a single on a kick. Chad Owens carried a kick back 83 yards late in the second half for another Toronto touchdown to make it 45-21. Marves touchdown was set up by a successful pass interference challenge from coach Mike OShea, payback for a similar challenge from Toronto coach Scott Milanovich in their exhibition game June 6, the first time the new league rule saw action. Torontos defence couldnt put any serious pressure on Willy for much of the game and their offence was hammered by the Bombers, with sacks, forced fumbles, and intercepted or blocked passes. Ray and Willy both threw 12 for 18 in the first half but Willy turned that into 246 yards and three touchdowns. Ray had to settle for 141 and one. Willy finished the game going 19 for 27 for 305 yards to Rays 27 for 38 and 283. Trevor Harris came in for Ray late in the second half and Brian Brohm replaced Willy, although Willy returned for a few plays after Owens touchdown. Rob Gronkowski Super Bowl Jersey .Brazil midfielder Ricardo Goulart scored the winner in the 50th minute to give the defending champion a four-point advantage in the standings over second-place Sao Paulo, which beat rival Palmeiras 2-0. John Hannah Patriots Jersey . He never mentioned anything about his hitting. The 33-year-old right-hander had success with both Sunday, pitching six solid innings and helping the offence-starved Mets with an RBI single as New York salvaged a doubleheader split with a 4-2 win over the Arizona Diamondbacks. http://www.authoritypatriotsshop.com/kev...ts-jersey-c-35/. Now the Minnesota Vikings have set their sights on soccer. LeGarrette Blount Womens Jersey . The incident occurred at 6:28 of the first period in Anaheims 6-3 home win over Dallas on Sunday. Garbutt left the penalty box and skated at Penner before leaving his skates to deliver a check. Chris Hogan Super Bowl Jersey . And on Sunday against the Houston Astros they were pleased to see his work finally pay off with his first win since May 24.DENVER -- Randy Foye made a go-ahead 3-pointer in the waning moments and then helped it stand with his last-second defence. Foye connected on his fifth 3-pointer of the game with 1:11 left, and the Denver Nuggets hung on to beat the Dallas Mavericks 102-100 on Saturday night. "It was huge," Foye said. "I work extremely hard on my shot, so 5 for 12, 1 for 12, it doesnt matter, just got to continue to shoot the ball with confidence." Ty Lawson scored 20 points to lead the Nuggets, who won their fifth straight at home while ending Dallas four-game winning streak. Kenneth Faried had 18 points and 14 rebounds, and Foye finished with 17 points. Dirk Nowitzki had 27 points but, with Foye contesting it, missed a shot at the end that would have sent the game into overtime. "When I saw him with the ball, I thought, I know hes going to hit me and I know hes going to fadeaway," Foye said. "I have no chance to block the shot, so dont let him get comfortable. When he bumped me a little bit, I nudged him back." Nowitzkis shot ended up hitting off the rim. "We ran a good play," Nowitzki said. "I thought Vince (Carter) was halfway open, decided not to shoot. Then we ran a little pick and roll and the clock was going down and I had to heave one. It was still a decent look to tie it, but it just didnt go in. "Ive got to be a little better down the stretch. I missed my last two or three shots." Monta Ellis added 25 points and Carter had 16 for the Mavericks, who were without coach Rick Carlisle for most of the game after he drew two technical fouls in succession and was ejected by referee Tony Brothers with 5:14 remaining in the second quarter. Carlisle was initially upset that officials didnt send Nowitzki to the free throw line, ruling the Mavericks forward was in the act of passing, not shooting, when he was fouled by Wilson Chandler. Moments later, Ellis took a hard foul from Foye and was sent to the line, but Carlisle apparently was upset the foul wasnt considered flagrant and let Brothers know it, leading to his ejection. "I thought the foul was excessive," Carlisle said. "I thought he fouled him and he came down on him exxtra hard.dddddddddddd Im going to stand up for my players." Assistant coach Monte Mathis took over on the bench for Carlisle. The Mavericks trailed by as many as 17 points early in the game and were down 65-53 at the half. But they fought back to 84-78 with 19 seconds remaining in the third quarter on a 3-pointer by Carter, his third 3-pointer in the period. Carter hit another 3-pointer, pulling Dallas within 86-85 with 10:13 left to play. Faried answered with a short jumper but Dallas got consecutive baskets from DeJuan Blair and Ellis to go in front 89-88, its first lead since midway through the first quarter. The game remained tight in the final minutes, with the teams alternately taking the lead. Dallas put together a 6-0 run that included consecutive jumpers by Nowitzki that put the Mavs up 100-98 with 2:02 remaining. That set the stage for Foyes go-ahead 3-pointer with 1:11 left to play as the Nuggets regained the lead 101-100. After Nowitzki missed a jumper, Faried rebounded and was fouled by Blair, making one of the two free throws with 14.7 seconds left. Nowitzki missed a long jumper in the final seconds as the Nuggets hung on. "Were getting them, thats all that matters, as long were getting the wins," Faried said. "Im excited. The team is excited and the coach is excited." Dallas, a 103-93 winner over Utah the night before, missed a chance to sweep a back-to-back for the first time this season. Denver improved to 49-8 since the start of the 2009-10 season when facing a team playing the second game of a back to back in the Mile High City. NOTES: The Nuggets Andre Miller registered his 7,988th assist in the NBA on an alley-oop pass that Chandler converted into a dunk midway through the second quarter, surpassing Rod Strickland for ninth all time. ... Ellis has scored at least 18 points in each of the Mavericks first 14 games. ... Chandler has scored 10 or more points in four of his first six games since returning from a hamstring injury that sidelined him for the first two weeks of the season. ... Faried recorded his sixth double double of the season and fifth in his past seven games. ... Dallas has gone 4-6 in its past 10 games in Denver. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

lw789  
lw789

unga is likely to return to the post. Brazil will announ
ns against just two interceptions, completing

IN ZEITEN DES SCHMERZES FUEHLEN WIR DIE ANGST UNSERER KLEINSTEN - STAERKE IST UNSERE HERAUSRAGENDSTE EIGENSCHAFT.
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor